- Responsible for protecting the health and safety of employees, contractors and visitors.
- Routinely performs facility inspections to assess compliance.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety programs.
- Develop, review and revise required plans and documents.
- Acts as the Company’s representative for on-site interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for business planning functions related to Safety.
- Organizes and maintains facility compliance records.
- Provides expert regulatory information and advice to the facilities as needed.
- Develop and implement policies adhering to federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate and monitor various health and safety programs.
- Supervise safety personnel.
- Stay knowledgeable of developments in the field.
- Use effective interpersonal communication techniques.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing within specific departments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum three years experience in the electric utility industry, specifically electric transmission and distribution.
- A minimum of three years experience in regulatory compliance work is greatly preferred.
- Strong supervisory skills, particularly supervising offsite personnel.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory programs.
- Proficiency with basic computer tools such as spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Ability to obtain required professional licenses and certifications.
- Ability to work independently, show strong problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to use professional judgment in decision making.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels of the organization and with regulators.
- Ability to integrate business and regulatory needs, execute business forecasts and manage a budget.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from other business segments is absolutely essential.
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer