BLACKROCK RESOURCES is recruiting for a HES Specialist for our client in Everett Massachustts:
The Health and Safety Specialist (H&S Specialist) shall report to the Senior Health & Safety Manager. The H&S Specialist position requires a motivated self starter with a team approach to problem solving. Responsibilities include implementing safety and programs for all assigned locations and for minimizing company liabilities. Liabilities are reduced by establishing and enforcing effective safety policy and loss control programs; including developing a culture of proactive engagement to prevent hazardous conditions through compliance training and implementation of effective procedures. The H&S Specialist must foster management commitment to drive appropriate behaviors that prevent injuries or illnesses in the work place. The position is further responsible for implementation of company policies, procedures, and plans related to all health and safety. The H&S Specialist is responsible for conducting on-site field work associated with sampling, monitoring, observing, recording, and preparing reports, records, plans, and results required by regulatory permit, plan, or agreement.
- Health & Safety (H&S)
- Leads and coordinates overall safety programs. Includes developing and maintaining written safety programs; and implementing processes and training needed to meet all legal/government requirements in alignment with company needs.
- Administers effective safety and awareness programs
- Interprets and remains current on a variety of standards, laws, and regulations applicable to the locations with frequent contact with all levels of the organization.
- Acts as a technical resource responsible for maintaining specific safety programs such as contractor safety, fall prevention, illness and injury prevention programs, accident investigations, hazard communication, emergency action plan and ergonomics programs. Creates and maintains metrics to monitor performance in these areas.
- Provides a safe environment for all employees, customers and visitors.
- Operational Performance & Best Management Practices
- Prepares various safety reports
- Ensures accident investigation and incident analysis and completed in order to complete necessary corrective actions.
- Substantial time spent in field to assist operations in driving continuous improvements and compliance by making recommendations for improvements and providing risk assessments to managers and leaders of business operations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures and behavioral applications that drive incident reduction.
- Provides health and safety coaching/assistance to develop managers and safety teams.
- Inventory & Quality Control
- Prepares and submits permits, reports and records to regulatory agencies on time. Maintains on-site records for all regulatory requirements and due dates.
- Produces and maintains company safety compliance calendar, with timely submittals.
- Responsible for accident investigation and incident analysis and ensuring corrective actions are completed.
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Manages safety related vendor, e.g. safety equipment providers, consultants, contracts and budget.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates for future work.
- Administrative Management
- Performs statistical safety information analysis
- Works with Human Resources personnel to prepare job descriptions.
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. BS in Health and Safety, Chemical, or Civil Engineering preferred. Two to three years of related experience required and Industrial Hygiene experience, and three to five years of experience in Compliance/Management. Knowledge, skills, and ability to execute local, territory, and federal Health and Safety and other government compliance regulations. This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an automobile.
(METALS RECYCLING INDUSTRY OR HEAVY INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
For consideration on these positions email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer