Our organization is seeking a highly skilled Contract Coordinator to be a part of our Houston, Texas team. The Contract Coordinator is responsible for the creation, negotiation, and execution of various large maintenance and tactical project contracts.
- Assists in ensuring Maintenance Contracts are developed and negotiated within the context of obligations, and will consult with Legal and Risk Management in the creation and execution of these contracts.
- Assists and leads negotiations within the “Pre-Contract Stage” (for contracts of increasing value / complexity, and, potentially progressing from day-rate to lump-sum contracts) with support of relevant technical personnel.
- Supports Project Managers as a member of the project team in relation to construction issues during project execution in terms of minimizing financial exposure.
- Provides solutions resolving contractors' claims and variations to contract.
- Builds and directs supplemental 3rd party contract support as project needs dictate
- Develops Contracting Plans for projects in order to proactively support the best interests of the project team, as directed by the Supervisor of Construction Contracting.
- Responsible for creating and executing contracts for Department of Transportation (DOT) Replacements, Facility Modifications, Hydro Tests, Interconnect Projects, Etc…
- Solicits sources of supply and analyzes prices, discount rates, delivery dates, transportation charges, previous performance, commitments, and indications of financial responsibility and recommends the most advantageous offer
- Analyzes business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance
- Performs commonly used contracting methods and contract types related to Pre-Award, Post-Award, and/or Price Cost Analysis functions
- Assigns work in terms of objectives, priorities, deadlines, and provides additional assistance with new or unusual assignments
- Holds a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with construction contracts (Installation or Fabrication)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate, and exchange thoughts and information clearly and concisely
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of pipeline, and oil and gas industry
- Knowledge and Understanding of economic drivers regarding customer’s and contractor’s financial impacts
- Intermediate computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess a proven high degree of skill in negotiation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, or equivalent
- Previous Right of Way (ROW) experience
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer