BLACKROCK RESOURCES is looking for a Construction Cost/Damages Claims Consultant for our client in Pittsburgh PA.
The Consultant is primarily responsible to carry out the various analyses for the submission or evaluation of a construction claim. Must be able to research, analyze and evaluate construction documentation, specifications, CPM schedules and construction cost accounting data. The consultant is responsible to complete assignments within the time and budgetary constraints as outlined by supervisor. Must possess strong self management, analytical organizational and communication skills. Experience with scheduling/delay analysis, productivity analysis, cost/damage analysis, and document review/issue analysis is preferred but not required.
Expert knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel) software is encouraged. Knowledge of Primavera P3 & P6, Summation Pro and Relativity software experience preferred but not required. B.S. degree in Engineering, Finance or Accounting preferred and/or relevant industry experience. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (potentially for extended periods time).
• Research and analysis of issues related to disputes on construction projects
• Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis including preparation of quantitative exhibits
• Proactively identify a problem, visualize potential solutions and assist with the creation of potential solutions
• Document problems/solutions and summarize findings into opinions or conclusions
• Distill essential project facts from information and documentation
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or Construction Management
• Minimum of one (1) year of industry experience specifically in the analysis, development and preparation of construction claims
• Familiarity with project controls, scheduling, and/or construction cost management
• EIT, PE or CPA certification desired
• Hold or be willing to acquire industry specific professional certifications (CCP, PSP, CCIFP), as necessary
• High-level knowledge of MS Excel including the ability to input and compile data reliably and create charts and graphs. Experience creating and working with PivotTables and PivotCharts. Use of basic functions such as sorting, formatting, cell referencing and basic formulas. Ability to work with advanced formulas including but not limited to IF, LOOKUP, CONCATENATE, Text and Date functions. Ability to sort, filter and group data. Ability to insert and edit charts and tables and apply conditional and other advanced formatting as necessary.
• High level of quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills
• Construction field experience encouraged but not required
• Experience with industry software programs such as:
- Summation Pro
- Primavera P3/P6
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (potentially for extended periods of time)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills
• Fluency in English required and other languages strongly considered as a plus
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer