BLACKROCK RESOURCES is looking GIS Analyst II for a contract role in Houston TX. The main function of a GIS Analyst is to provide project and operation support utilizing the company's Geographic Information Systems.
• Use of Esri’s ArcGIS suite of software to create and analyze pipeline assets, competitor assets, and other asset features
• Use of ArcGIS to create maps using various themes to present data for presentation or research purposes
• Perform high level analysis on data and present findings in various formats to various business units as needed
• Manage and contribute to multiple projects related to data management/acquisition and GIS System growth and development
• Provide training and technical support to GIS users and assist in determining operational and project requirements
• Perform occasional field work training on mobile data collection and implementation
• Research the Internet or other sources for supplemental base map data for use in various map presentations
• Create presentation quality maps and plot them using large format plotting equipment
• Monitor mapping work and the updating of maps to ensure accuracy, the inclusion of new or changed information, and compliance with rules and regulations
• Research resources such as project archives to verify asset locations and attributes needed for mapping
• Utilize good communication skills working with engineers and field employees
• Other related duties as assigned
• All duties are to be performed in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
• Proficient in the use of Google Earth and ArcGIS/ArcView software.
• Advanced knowledge of current third-party survey software used to manage electronic survey data with the CAD and GIS environments.
• An understanding of industry standard pipeline data models and data management tools.
• Proficient in managing projects and delivering information products.
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or related field (geography, design and drafting technology).
• 2-4 years’ experience in utilizing GIS.
For consideration on this positions send resume to email@example.com
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer