Senior Controls Specialist
The Energy Controls group is responsible for supporting the “on-time” and “on-budget” completion of large construction projects within the Infrastructure organization by providing accurate and timely reporting of project financials, implementing and tracking project performance metrics, and creating value added forward looking projections and analysis.
As a Controls Specialist within in this group you will be responsible for supporting cost and performance metrics and controls on a large pipeline construction project planned for West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina. As part of this role you will be responsible for the following activities.
- Aggregate spread level reports and provide root cause and variance analysis/reporting to home office on project financial and performance information.
- Conduct value added analysis on the cost and schedule impact of construction challenges in real-time to support effective decision making by project management.
- Develop and maintain regional/spread level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and maintain regional/spread level execution schedules
- Develop and maintain regional/spread level budget and cost forecasts
- Develop and maintain regional/spread level Risk Metrics
- Direct spread level project controls staff
- Ability to identify and elevate trends and other construction related challenges that have the potential to drive change orders
- Provide support to invoice processing team on regional/spread level progress.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
- Minimum of 3 years controls experience in utility and or natural gas industry, preferably on large natural gas infrastructure projects.
- Prior experience supporting capital construction projects required
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Requires ability to work under limited supervision and direction
- Demonstrates experience in financial planning and analysis, project financial analysis, due diligence process.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze construction progress, risks, and perform root cause analysis
- Working understanding and knowledge of Primavera
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Aptitude for continuous learning
Required Degree – Bachelors
Preferred Disciplines – Construction Management, Business, Finance, Engineering
Previous experience as Cost Engineer/Analyst
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer