- Employment Type
- Direct Hire
- Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
BLACKROCK RESOURCES currently has an opportunity for a Fugitive Emission (FE) Technician. The successful candidate will work as part of a Fugitive Emission Assessment Team. These teams are responsible for performing inspections on various types of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry to identify and quantify hydrocarbon gas leaks and vents.
The ideal person will have an intimate understanding of oil and gas field operations (experience working in a Gas Processing facility would be a definite asset) and have experience in performing hydrocarbon fugitive emission and /or leak detection projects.
Our office is located in Houston; however, this opportunity is based in the Pittsburgh area. This position will focus on our clients in Pennsylvania and West Virginia area but may also require occasional travel to work on projects in other US locations.
The FE Technician will report to the FE Team Lead. The successful candidate will be required to take a number of safety training courses prior to initiating any field activities (CPR/1St Aid, H2S Alive, WHIMIS/TDG, Fall Protection etc.). Any candidates that already have valid training tickets will be given preference. This position includes a comprehensive safety and technical training program (both field and office based).
- Assisting in coordinating and navigating to various facilities with maps and GPS
- Helping to calibrate and maintain equipment
- Using various detection and measurement technologies under the supervision of the Team Lead
- Collecting and recording emission data on a tablet computer and custom database
- Preparing field reports as required
- Understanding of EPA Subpart W and EPA LDAR (Method 21) Fugitive Emission Monitoring requirements
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry (preference given to candidates with natural gas processing/transmission facility experience)
- Effective computer skills and
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts (days only)
- Ability to walk and/or stand while handling/carrying various technical equipment for extended periods of time
- Comfortable occasionally working at heights in a safe manner
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates with B.S. Degree in engineering or applicable technical degree/diploma education, and those with related work experience in hydrocarbon detection and measurement, LDAR, instrumentation or stack emission testing
Oil and Gas Industry: 3 years
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer