- Employment Type
- Houston, Texas
Seeking an experienced and motivated Scheduling Consultant (CPM Scheduler). Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in the preparation and maintenance of construction project schedules and monthly reports. Proficiency in Oracle Primavera P6 software is required. Experience in the evaluation of construction claims on complex construction projects is also preferred but not required.
The Scheduler position is primarily responsible to provide technical expertise on project controls, scheduling, schedule analysis and at times, earned value management on a variety of ongoing matters, that may include commercial, institutional, educational, industrial, highway and bridge, power, oil & gas construction projects located in the US and abroad.
The scheduling consultant is expected to develop cost and resource loaded baseline schedules and participate in CPM scheduling meetings. Must be able to track the status of critical activities and changes to the critical path and present full schedule analysis for upper level managers. The Scheduling consultant is responsible to complete assignments within the time and budgetary constraints as outlined by their supervisor. Must possess strong self management, analytical organizational and communication skills. Experience with change orders and delays, preparation of time impact analysis, generation of monthly submittal packages including narrative reports, productivity analysis, and document review/issue analysis is also preferred.
Expert knowledge of Primavera P6 and P3 and MS Excel is encouraged. Intermediate level proficiency with the entire MS Office software suite. Knowledge of MS Project, Summation Pro and Relativity software experience preferred but not required. B.S. degree in Construction, Architecture or Engineering preferred and/or relevant industry experience. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (potentially for extended periods time).
• Develop cost and resource loaded baseline schedules and updates as necessary
• Analyze and prepare Time Impact Analyses
• Support monthly submittal packages to include drafting of schedule narrative reports
• Develop, coordinate and maintain project schedules for numerous clients within Primavera P6
• Facilitate schedule development and maintenance internally and externally with client project team
• Analyze schedule information and provide feedback as necessary regarding critical path and construction sequencing
• Prepare detailed schedule reports as required
• Research and analysis of issues related to disputes on construction projects
• Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis including preparation of quantitative exhibits
• Proactively identify a problem, visualize potential solutions and assist with the creation of potential solutions
• Document problems/solutions and summarize findings into opinions or conclusions
• Distill essential project facts from information and documentation
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management, and/or;
• Minimum of five (5) years of industry experience specifically with project management scheduling and controls concepts
• Experience in the analysis, development and preparation of construction claims if preferred but not required
• PSP, CCP, PE, CCM, EVP, PMP certification desired
• Expert proficiency with Oracle Primavera P6
• High-level proficiency with MS Excel (preferably knowledge with advanced functions and formula as well as PivotTables and Charts)
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer