- Employment Type
- Direct Hire
- Wall, New Jersey
BlackRock Resources is seeking a Manager-Corporate Strategy to support corporate strategy and development efforts by providing in-depth research on energy markets, policy and changes in the competitive landscape. Translate findings into actionable recommendations that support growth initiatives.
• Actively monitor and summarize relevant industry studies and publications on emerging regulatory policies, technological developments and business models.
• Collect and analyze key industry data, using traditional and advanced methods, to identify trends or anomalies in energy market fundamentals (supply, demand, prices), technology costs, asset performance and other factors to identify strategic opportunities.
• Partner with business units to develop business plans to pursue new growth opportunities. Shape scope of business plan, provide research and analysis to support the business case, develop communication materials for senior leadership and board of directors. Advise senior leaders on options and courses of action.
• Develop and support corporate strategic planning processes. Develop standardized templates and processes for meetings and strategy discussions.
• Track and monitor progress for corporate strategic initiatives, using insights for continuous improvement to adjust activity or reset direction as necessary.
• Fulfil ad hoc research and analysis requests from senior leaders, including the CEO and board of directors.
• Communicate research and analysis findings and provide reports outlining the impact of policies on the organization.
• Provide energy policy analysis and develop organizational responses or positions on these policies. Contribute results to external stakeholder working groups, and to policy makers. Develop strategies to leverage the impact of polices on the organization’s operations.
-Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, mathematics, operations research or related field required;
- MBA preferred.
-Five to 10 year’s energy industry experience required with working knowledge of current issues of the energy markets in North America.
-Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
-Excellent critical thinking skills to review and analyze publications and presentations.
-Exceptional oral, written and presentation communication skills, with ability to interact with senior leaders.
- Must be flexible and responsive and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, occasionally in high pressure situations.
-Strong conceptual, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
-Experience with research and analysis at an energy market research and consulting firm preferred.
-Experience developing business plans, supporting corporate strategy and development processes, or publishing research with market insights.
BlackRock Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer