- Controls Technician
- 2nd Shift Position
- Direct Hire
- Immediate Need
Blackrock Resources is looking for a Controls Tech/Engineer for a position in Northern NJ. The right person will be open to shift and have strong PLC experience.
Ability to proficiently perform the following craft functions to include but not limited: Troubleshoots and repair of complex mechanical and electrically controlled machines or equipment within a fast paced automated manufacturing environment. Demonstrate the ability to mentor, train, guide and test assigned mechanic associates who have not the experience or abilities in the core competencies of the position and discipline. The incumbent must possess the ability to be a point of contact between the maintenance mechanics assigned to his/her team and operations supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assist supervision with planning, development of preventive maintenance tasks and techniques as well as follow-up on open and unresolved issues as often as needed.
- Mentor, guide, train and test mechanics in technical and safety competencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Safety procedures, blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose and repair assigned equipment or system failures to minimize downtime in an effort to achieve production efficiency objectives.
- Assist Production with routine maintenance decisions in absence of maintenance supervision or plant engineer.
- Ability to perform all duties required of the maintenance mechanics of lower skill levels.
- Timely and professional response to service calls to diagnose and resolve equipment failures.
- Embrace and promote timely completion of preventive maintenance and other type of company work orders.
Essential Job Functions/ Requirements:
- Prior experience as maintenance mechanic or related manufacturing/ Plant engineering experience.
- Must have strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Strong Meter skills.
- Be able to use appropriate software to troubleshoot, modify, and program PLC’s and HMI’s
- Demonstrate skills with AB software for 5/05, Compact Logix, and panel View HMI’s.
- Assist and manage mechanics working on plant production equipment issues.
- Familiar with scales, Temperature Sensors, Flow meters, Level Control, servo motors, Servo Drives, VFD’s.
If you are qualified and interested please send your resume to Kristie at [email protected]