BlackRock is searching for a Civil/Structural Designer for our client North Pittsburgh for a contract role
The Designer shall be responsible for performing the design work based on project requirements and engineering designs. A self-starter, attention to detail, willingness to learn, and diligent to complete the assignments on time. This position requires CAD knowledge and experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in civil and structural designs of buildings and equipment foundations (spread, mat, and pile); structural steel for mill buildings, auxiliary buildings, equipment support structures, and operating platforms, masonry buildings; site layouts, road and railroad layouts and designs; storm drainage/retainage, erosion and sediment control plans.
• Experience with heavy industrial facilities is preferred but not mandatory.
• Knowledge pertaining to basic math skills.
• Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD is required. 3D knowledge and capability preferred, as is experience with Revit.
• Associate degree in Civil Engineering or Related Field is preferred.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The successful candidate shall have the following specific responsibilities:
• Prepare plans, layouts, sections, details, and bills of materials to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
• Develop designs and layouts consistent with good practices, client requirements, and in conformance to codes and standards.
• Coordinate with the design engineers and other designers for carrying out the design work, and to meet the schedules of the deliverables.
• Coordinate with associates from the mechanical/electrical departments as required.
• Identify any potential conflicts, problems, changes or deviations in designs and propose alternatives.
• Perform self-review of all the design deliverables prepared for accuracy and constructability.
• Learn the department design standards and assist the civil/structural team to ensure that the designs are in conformance with the standards.