BlackRock Resources is seeking a highly qualified Construction Project Manager for our client, a high-profile large industrial and manufacturing construction firm. This role is a direct hire opportunity working on construction of a large data center in Boydton, VA.
- 4-year construction management /engineering degree or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) experience and knowledge of commercial or industrial construction activities, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented professional.
- Reporting to regional VP of Operations, makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with Client and project profitability.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, end users, security, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by regional management.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please email resume to Heather at [email protected]