BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for a Entry -Level Construction Surveyor position located Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, This role will require regional travel requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily Operations - Assist experienced surveyor in daily tasks for construction layout.
- Safety - Enforce, maintain and recognize a positive, safe work environment that is consistent with the company's HSE standards and procedures; Understanding the necessary site specific HSE requirements prior to arriving to sites.
- Equipment - Learn to operate and maintain various types of equipment used for construction survey layout.
- Control & Layout - Learn the proper way to set and maintain survey control for the layout required for each individual project.
Bring your talents to a range of stimulating projects at an established and growing family-owned company!
- Some survey experience preferred; associate or bachelor degree in surveying is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to travel regionally for short-term work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Willing to learn construction blueprints / documents; CAD experience encouraged by not required
- Proficient in math and geometry
- Aptitude to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Conscientious and attentive to details, to include follow-through and active listening skills
- Eager to learn, adapt and make decisions to grow within the organization and department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Certifications such as First Aid, CPR, AED and OSHA are encouraged but not required
- Physical requirements include the ability to perform general project-related tasks (climbing stairs & ladders; carrying equipment)