BlackRock Resources is searching for an EXCELLENT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University specializing in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent. A minimum of four years related experience and/or training in manufacturing, operating a shift, plant, and team. A minimum of 5 years CI experience. Experience with leading Kaizen events across diverse work forces
Responsible to build the vision for what Continuous Improvement means to the organization, train team members on how to make Continuous Improvement part of everyday operations and support the execution of action plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement activities (Kaizen Events)
- Introduce and Implement Sustainable Continuous Improvement methods and best practices throughout the organization at Ken’s Foods. (5S, Teamwork, SMED, JIT, Pull Systems, etc)
- Lead Continuous Improvement teams to identify waste across the supply chain and implement processes to improve our results
- Promotes a Continuous Learning environment across all sites.
- Drive performance metric improvement, goal setting and tracking across departments
- Improve results through hands-on manufacturing involvement across all sites.
- Show creativity and create new process initiatives to stimulate Continuous Improvement movement
- Demonstrate successful leadership skills for both simple and complex projects/tasks
- Successful team leadership across diverse groups to drive sustainable improvements to our systems and culture
- Provide a high level of technical and operational recommendations for meeting productivity targets
- Is a main contributor and change agent for our business through the deployment of the Continuous Improvement methodology
- Is the key member of our team to educate and mentor employees on Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
- Other projects/duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
- Ensure team members follow all Food Safety and GMP policies
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
- Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis