BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for a Designer/Drafter opportunity in the Akron, OH area.
This position is a long term contingent role, client is looking for local talent to work on-site. There will not be relocation or per diem offered. Preferred candidates will have experience in natural gas, utilities or civil engineering.
- Training or Education in Drafting/Design
- MS Office
- GIS Experience (nice to have)
- SAP Experience (nice to have)
- Utility Knowledge (nice to have)
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of AutoCAD working knowledge
- Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related (drafting/design) discipline.
Responsibilities and job duties:
- Perform drafting and design work and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording.
- Prepare manual or computer assisted drawings in accordance with Company standards.
- Complete necessary paperwork and input data into company record systems as required.
- Provide information and direction to others regarding company facilities.
- Coordinate activities on Company projects utilizing engineering records, field book and mapping information, etc.
- Compile cost estimates for construction projects.
- Design the installation and/or relocation of company facilities, including required material and piping configurations for pipelines, services, pressure regulating stations, etc.
- Perform duties within the CAD Design Technician classification for which he/she is qualified.
- Review third party civil plans in relation to Company facilities.
- Acquire local, state, and federal permits for distribution and transmission natural gas replacement projects.
- Assists team members with post construction restoration inspection and customer complaints.
- Tracking, monitoring, scheduling, and preparing and/or revising various construction CAD drawings related to permitting comments from local jurisdiction review.
- Monitors vendor activity to ensure compliance with construction and restoration standards. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Assist in the assembling of construction packets.
If you meet the listed qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please send resume to Heather at [email protected]