BLACKROCK RESOURCES is looking for a EH&S Generalist for a Direct Hire Opportunity with our client in San Marcos TX.
This position is for an Experienced EH&S Generalist professional who works independently, executing initiatives and programs across multiple EH&S disciplines, and monitors local performance and supports practices to achieve and maintain compliance. Responsible for developing materials for EH&S trainings, achieves and maintains standard documentation, and provides updates to processes and programs to enhance EH&S performance.
· Executes initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EH& S disciplines, as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
· Monitors local performance against EH& S regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain conformance.
· Supports business partners ‘facilities and employee practices to achieve and maintain understanding and compliance with EH& S regulations.
· Contributes to required environmental regulatory reports and submissions to achieve and maintain standard documentation.
· Assists and develops materials for EH& S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied.
· Provides support for contract negotiation/creation to the team to achieve and maintain safety and compliance to regulations.
· Acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
· Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
· May perform tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance.
· Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
· May have responsibility for facilities and / or medical at a site.
· Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
· Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
· Master's Degree in Science, Engineering or an Environmental Health & Safety related field.
· Additional certifications, such as CSP, ASP, P.E., CIH or CHMM are desirable.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheet functions desired.
· Strong communication, technical and social skills strongly preferred.
· You are comfortable working as a team to meet highly aggressive goals.
· You are also confident training or presenting to large groups.
For consideration on this positions send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org