BlackRock Resources is in search of a EHS Manager for a client in the Southern California area.
3 to 6 years of relevant work experience in manufacturing safety and human resources.
Develops and implements safety procedures to maximize safety for all plant employees. Provides various human resources functions to support the Human Resources Manager.
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices, developing practices and programs to correct or reduce their occurrence. (20%)
- Processes workers’ compensation claims (including doctor appointments, first insurance reports, payment of medical bills, review of medical reports, and contact with doctors, insurers, lawyers, and employee counseling) to ensure responsiveness, accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness. (20%)
- Provides assistance to plant personnel to improve safety and health of all employees. (15%)
- Investigates and reports on serious injuries to line or staff employees. (10%)
- Reviews company accident statistics and recommends corrections to improve overall employee health and safety. (10%)
- Develops, plans, and conducts training programs to ensure understanding of and compliance with company policies and procedures. (10%)
- Investigates and responds to employee complaints, unemployment claims, and workers’ compensation claims to provide high quality internal customer service. (10%)
- Attends and participates in department safety meetings. (5%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Productivity/quality standards: return to work
- Regulatory compliance and training (GMP, HACCP, OSHA)
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
- Safety standards and procedures: facility and warehouse equipment