Our Electrical Engineer role provides you the opportunity to design the latest state-of-the-art facilities within the renewable energy sector. We are seeking self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion to apply professional experience and knowledge in a team environment. You should be a detail-oriented professional, understand the importance of meeting personal and team commitments, and be flexible in adapting to a fast-paced environment. We are seeking candidates with a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering with relevant experience on industrial or manufacturing type projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (NFPA/NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API and ASI)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of electrical distribution systems at low and medium voltages
- Basic understanding of PLC’s, Instrument and Controls, and Plant Programming.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform field/site visits
Travel up to 50%
- Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and Bluebeam experience is a plus
- P.E. Registration or E.I.T. with multiple years working under the supervision of a P.E.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and designers
- Possess an understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager to:
- Develop electrical equipment layout, single line, interconnecting wiring, embedded conduit, cable tray, heat trace, lighting, and grounding drawings
- Generate electrical equipment and construction specifications
- Develop power studies including short circuit analysis and incident energy calculations using ETAP or SKM software.
- Provide quality oversight for electrical designs performed by others
- Be the main point of contact for the electrical discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the customer
- Provide electrical engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning, and operations.
- Review Engineering drawings and instructions to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans for electrical installation and document equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues including electrical systems.
- Assist in factory acceptance testing and field inspections.
- Support supply chain in electrical systems and equipment procurement activities
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines