Based on project requirements completes engineering and design for Electrical distribution systems up to and including medium voltage. Works with client and others in the preparation of the project deliverables. Interfaces directly with client through written and verbal communication. Prepares Electrical load calculations, prepares equipment and installation specifications, sizes and selects equipment and checks work of others.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of direct electrical design engineering experience in an industrial environment
- PE license preferred
- Experience and capability in design of low and medium voltage distribution systems, high voltage experience beneficial but not required.
- Proficient in load and short circuit studies.
- Understanding of Electrical Codes and Standards
- Proficient in the use of SKM, etap or Easypower software
- AutoCAD experience beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to define project scopes
- Determines project requirements related to the Electrical systems
- Performs engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepares equipment specifications and purchase requisitions
- Provides oversight and checks work of designers
- Prepares work packages for electrical contractors
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintains proper engineering project files and records