- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ability to develop and understand scope requirements and to issue subcontracts for heavy industrial “supporting” trades such as boilermaker, steel, concrete, piping and electrical work.
- Effectively delegate, manage tasks and oversee estimates.
- Identify competitive edge strategies and follow through to project award.
- Develop a project schedule from bid document information.
- Prepares cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects or services that are used by management in preparation of the bidding process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of estimate and proposals.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Price general conditions and manpower projections.
- Write proper scopes of work during bidding phase and upon award, engage in Subcontractor Proposal Review meetings, with ultimate responsibility of final evaluation and negotiation of Subcontracts.
- Obtain and evaluate comparative quotations for materials and sub-contractor services.
- Identify, review and communicate contractual requirements (Risk Factors, Schedule, Insurance, Bonding, Penalties, etc.) with supervisors and develop an action plan for the estimate and project construction.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent experience and training) with related college degree preferred.
- 2 or more years successfully estimating in Light/Heavy Industrial project experience or Commercial project experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer application skills (Excel, Word, AutoCAD, MPP, Suretrak, etc.)
If you meet these requirements. please send your resume to Toni @ [email protected]