BlackRock Resources is in search of a Facilities Construction Supervisor based in Canonsburg, PA in a Contract role. Please send your Word or PDF format resume to Beth at [email protected]
Position Summary: Responsible for the planning, coordination, supervision, and inspection of the construction, testing and commissioning of all mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems for assigned well site production facilities construction projects. This position is responsible for multiple facility construction projects from start to finish. Provides leadership, mentors, teaches and coaches personnel working on the site. Actively participate in meetings representing the facilities construction group. Coordinates construction efforts on a daily basis with other construction groups Engineering, Purchasing, Production, EHS, Drilling, Completions, Suppliers & Consultants. Ensures each project is completed in scope, on time and on budget through direct supervision of multiple contractors on multiple sites.
Oil and Gas operations and construction experience; Intermediate computer skills: File manager, Excel, Word, Power Point, Site View, Citrix; Strong project management skills. Plans scope schedule, budget quality estimates and cost control reports; Reads and understands design drawings, flow diagrams and P&ID’s; Knowledge of specialty construction equipment and construction methods; Equipment operation experience – excavators, dozers; Strong organizational skills / attention to detail; Proven skills multi-tasking several priorities and project responsibilities; time management; Strong interpersonal and communications skills to deal with vendors and construction team members; Understanding of OSHA code compliance.
• Mechanical— Oil & gas mechanical facility mechanical experience. Understand and assure code compliance. ANSI
• Electrical— Journeyman Electrician preferred. Understand and assure code compliance: National Electric Code
• Instrumentation— Oil & gas Instrumentation & Process controls construction experience. Understand and assure code compliance: National Electric Code
Mechanical Construction Tasks
Gas production units, indirect fired heaters, fuel conditioning systems, liquid dump systems- condensate and water, over pressure protection, containment, storage tanks, venting, draining, drip tanks, vapor destruction and vapor recovery units, filter separators, dehydration, manual & automated chokes, launcher and receivers, gas measurement, above and below ground high pressure pipe, welding procedures, fittings, welded and threaded connections, knocker unions, pipe supports, valves, control valves, safety valves, pressure relief valves, compression, safety systems, plunger lift equipment, laser transit, painting and coating, install barriers hydrostatic testing, identification of new pipeline routes & facility locations, pipeline construction permit requirements, stream crossings, road boring, poly pipe fusing, non-destructive testing - radiographic X-Ray, liquid magnetic particle and ultrasonic, trench compaction, installation of foundations, temporary line heaters, compression.
Electrical Construction Tasks
AC and DC electrical power systems, safety systems, ESD activation, safety shut down devices and set points, Satellite Systems, modems, conduit, stainless steel tubing installation, transducers, transmitters, grounding, communications, lightning suppression, cathodic protection, solar power system, Thermal Electric Generators, batteries, Instrumentation, Process controls, IO, programming, SCADA, PLC, flow computer, RTU, ROC, control valves, vapor destruction and vapor recovery units, filter separators, dehydration, manual & automated chokes, gas measurement, compression
Instrumentation Construction Tasks
Instrumentation, Process controls, IO, programming, SCADA, PLC, flow computer, RTU, ROC, control valves, AC and DC electrical power systems, safety systems, ESD activation, safety shut down devices and set points, Satellite Systems, modems, conduit, stainless steel tubing installation, transducers, transmitters, grounding, communications, lightning suppression, cathodic protection, solar power system, Thermal Electric Generators, batteries, vapor destruction and vapor recovery units, filter separators, dehydration, manual & automated chokes, gas measurement, compression
Field-based; subjected to seasonal field conditions ranging from normal to extreme temperature and weather conditions
Carrying up to 80 lbs, 2 hours per day
Climbing up to 2 hours per day
Holding up to 50 lbs, 2 hours per day
Kneeling up to 2 hours per day
Lifting up to 80 lbs, 2 hours per day
Manual Dexterity up to 6 hours per day
Pushing and/or Pulling up to 150 lbs, less than 1 hour per day
• Responsible for all aspects of multiple facilities construction projects, which includes planning, budgeting, constructing, testing, commissioning, troubleshooting and for one particular discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation). Contributes to improving facilities design and construction methods. Plan, coordinate, supervise, inspect the construction, testing and commissioning of facilities by RRC employees and subcontractors on schedule. Oversee a project from start to finish, scheduling, and coordinate efforts with other construction personnel.
• Responsible for completing all the details of facility construction from project planning to hand off. Delivers best practice construction results – scope, schedule, cost and documentation on time without being reminded. Assures that construction is completed according to the design. Early identification & resolution of project risks & opportunities. Leads project meetings.
• Works directly on daily basis with Engineering, Purchasing, Production, EHS, Drilling, Completions, Suppliers & Consultants to recommend design improvements and ways to reduce time to construct and costs, identify quality issues. Reports, helps identify root cause and recommends solutions. Identifies materials and welding not meeting code. Takes action to implement solutions. Implements Range Resources safety and environmental requirements. Has authority to stop job due to a safety, quality or contractor performance issue.
• Performs quality control testing on all new facilities to assure that Operations receives reliable facilities
• Assist other groups with surface facility construction needs such as: equipment additions post turn on. Tubing snubbing operations, plunger lift installations, add equipment - sand separators.
• Perform Material procurement - Read bill of material. Work with Purchasing to ensure that the right material is ordered and on site on schedule. Upon Material Delivery - inspect parts to ensure quality specs are met. Schedules material deliveries. Minimizes extra supply runs to the construction site. Requests information from Purchasing such as equipment cost and to coordinate changing delivery dates
• Ensures that all required records related to construction, testing and commissioning of facilities are kept. Ensures that facilities are properly painted, signed, barriers installed, secure and final clean up
• Learns the other disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation).
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.