We are currently hiring a Facilities Engineer for our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Position Summary: Supports the Facilities Engineering team by assisting in pre-planning and execution of safe, effective and responsive engineered gas surface facility designs and solutions. Performs technical post-job analysis to maximize production and reduce cost.
Skills: AutoCAD (Plant 3D), ProMax. Ability to apply knowledge of codes including ASME B31; API 12F, J, K, RP 14C, RP 500, RP 520/521, 650, 1104, STD 2000; DOT 192, 195; NFPA 30, EPA & DEP regulations; Ability to apply knowledge of measurement standards including AGA, API MPMS (Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards). Ability to size and specify meters, isolation valves, separation equipment and control valves; Understands welding procedures, non-destructive testing techniques (radiographic, mag-particle and ultrasonic)
· Interpret, analyze and evaluate gas compositional analysis to determine equipment required to process gas and liquids. Recommend electrical and process control configuration and safety systems.
· Use rigorous simulation models to determine process capacity considering short, medium and long-term operating conditions.
· Determines major equipment design requirements in conjunction with Reservoir, Operations and Commercial Departments.
· Identify and conceptualize improvement options for existing and new facilities, considering diagnosis results, operational basis and product specifications.
· Act as project Lead for the design and installation of oil, gas and water facilities. Identify key project risks and develop mitigation plans to manage risk to acceptable levels.
· Provide technical support during the commissioning and troubleshooting of new facilities.
· Provide reports on performance of gas facilities, i.e. gas instrumentation systems and equipment maintenance, for consideration by management.
· Prepares safety cause and effect analysis.
· Prepares piping flow diagrams, P&ID’s detail design drawings and bill of materials using AutoCAD.
· Design, size & specify gas production equipment, safety systems, separation equipment, tank storage, vapor recovery, incineration, gas conditioning, I&E, custody transfer M&R.
- Prepare test procedures. Uses process modeling tools.
· Uses project management tools to plan and control scope, schedule and cost.
Minimum Experience: Bachelors: 6 yrs; Masters: 4 yrs oil and gas industry, compressor stations or petrochemical plant experience. Not Pipeline experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $60.00 per hour