- Entry Level Measuring Technician
- Direct Hire
- Cranberry PA area (North of Pittsburgh)
- Pay is 21 an hour with a little OT (45k a year)
BlackRock Resources client is seeking a Measuring Technician for their location in the Cranberry/Wexford area. This role is a direct hire role and will be assisting in our clients needs in capturing information in the field. No degree required. Some utility or Pipeline experience needed.
This position will be responsible for a wide range of tasks to support all departments. The technician will directly support the Project Managers & Engineers requests for preparation, execution & processing of data acquired from site visits.
- Receive, track and coordinate all site visit requests from the Project Managers.
- Work with Engineers, Project Managers & other Field Technicians to identify critical data specific to each site.
- Prepare for site visits by doing project setup, trip planning & obtaining necessary reference documents from our client and theirs.
- Obtain critical data using a variety of traditional instruments including tape measure & measuring wheel and be able to record & process this information in a logical way.
- Obtain critical data using a variety of modern instruments including handheld GPS units & cameras and be able to record & process this information in a logical way.
- Be able to identify different installation appurtenances & conditions that may complicate design efforts.
- Work with Engineers, Project Managers & sub-contractors to complete necessary environmental & design tasks specific to projects.
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to walk long project areas multiple times daily
- Survey, public utility & pipeline experience preferred
If you are qualified and interested please send your resume to Beth at [email protected]