BLACKROCK RESOURCES is looking for a Gas Operations Manager Trainee for an opportunity with our client in Houston TX.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform in a fluid learning environment to develop the skills that are essential to the LFG Operations Program. The Individual Development Plan (IDP) will be designed to train the Gas Operations Management Trainee (GOMT) to be proficient in the major responsibilities of a Gas Operations Manager, and other minor duties may be assigned beyond what is listed below:
- Plan, organize and manage capital projects for the GCCS design, construction, and operations within a defined geographic area of coverage.
- Work toward predetermined goals and objectives such as; implementing standards relating to environmental protection regarding the control and management of landfill gas.
- Participate in the planning and engineering design strategy and approval of the operating and capital budget for GCCS as well as procurement and distribution of landfill gas (LFG) conveyance equipment and materials.
- Direct and manage internal and external (consultant or contractor) company resources. Manage asset development within the defined geographic area of coverage including: GCCS installation/modifications, compliance monitoring testing and reporting, program development, change, LFG program optimization, and site and personnel reviews.
- Organize and execute routine communications with Area and Corporate management regarding both significant development projects as well as to ensure compliance and consistency with company-wide GCCS and air quality programs.
- Learn to communicate with local, state, or national internal and external stakeholders to discuss program or project objectives that meet WM objectives of optimizing GCCS operations, ensuring environmental protection or performance, and reducing compliance costs to the field.
- Support: Air Program, Legal, Environmental Protection (EP) Managers in responding to and resolving any regulatory issues pertaining to LFG/GCCS operations.
- Develop interpersonal skills, including ability to assure acceptance of company-wide standards, leadership, motivational, and social skills.
This job has no supervisory duties, however, the Individual Development Plan (IDP) will include training in the management and oversight of employees. This training will include:
- Indirect supervision of some full-time employees, including: landfill gas Technicians - Levels I & II, and Gas Operations Supervisor(s), contractors / consultants.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, or in lieu of, HS Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant work experience in area of engineering and/or construction specializing in GCCS design, construction, and/or waste industry.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven technical project management skill.
- Motivated toward career growth and learning.
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills, with the ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment
- Immediate knowledge and aptitude for GCCS design, construction, and system operation.
- Complete understanding of state and federal regulations which impact GCCS design and operations
- Ability to optimize the performance of GCCS
- Thorough familiarity with the operation of landfill gas collection and combustion devices and the ability to troubleshoot this equipment remotely
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. email, web browser, Microsoft - Excel and Word)
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
- Proficiency in routine blower / flare operations, condensate management system maintenance, environmental regulations affecting the operation and compliance of landfill gas management systems, and advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills for landfill gas collection and control systems.
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion certification, preferred
- Relevant industry or state certifications (e.g., SWANA, NWRA, etc.) preferred
- Basic Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), instrumentation and basic electrical knowledge/skills preferred
Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and landfill/outdoor.
- Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances: occasionally.
- Travel: 30-50%
For consideration on this positions send resume to email@example.com