- Willing to travel to customer’s facilities throughout North America.
- Vocational/Associate's degree or 5+ years of experience Hydraulic service or equivalent combination of education and experience in metals industry, heavy equipment design, degree or certification is a plus but not required.
- Sound knowledge of machinery basics, a high aptitude in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, or schematic and identify parts, operation and applications of tools used in machining production techniques while maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Skills to read, maintain and properly report readings from various measurement and calibration tools utilized in fitting, alignment or setting of mechanical equipment.
The right candidate will
- Diagnose hydraulic (fluid power) systems, equipment and components parts for operational efficiency and to troubleshoot and determine cause of failure.
- Access available OEM specifications, drawings and bill of materials for the equipment and components.
- Prepare the system(s), components and equipment for install and/or disassembly as required to include lockout/tag out, isolation, bracing, line bleeding and depressurization.
- Provide data collection, failure analysis, repair, reassembly, and testing skills to include proper documentation and reporting.
- Repair and maintain mechanical equipment by servicing, disassemble and assemble, repairing and testing machinery, machine components and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Perform installation services, routine maintenance, inspections; troubleshoot malfunctions and modernizations on equipment.
- Work closely and support engineering, modernizations and spares group to provide the customer a complete service package.
- Ability to train customers’ personnel in proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
What you’ll need