BlackRock Resources is seeking an experienced, motivated individual with a solid supervision background who is seeking to work in an established bakery operation in the Chicago Illinois area. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years supervisory experience preferably within a highly automated food/beverage manufacturing environment.
- Direct maintenance personnel so that individuals comply with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Communicate with all levels of management to address any current or future needs.
- Maintain and enhance current Preventative Maintenance procedures.
- Update the Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Manage inventory of supply of spare parts for the facility.
- Keep and maintain files required by local, county, state and federal government bodies.
- Be an adviser to the Plant Engineer on all issues related to the efficiency operation of the department.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports and process documents as may be required.
- Prepare and inspect PM worksheets for mechanics.
- Perform daily walk throughs to inspect equipment for safety and proper running order.
- Communicate any/all issues with the Plant Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years supervisory experience within a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with tunnel and conveyorized ovens, mixers proofers and packaging equipment as well as all support equipment within a food/beverage environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experienced with CAMS (Computer Assisted Maintenance System).
- Familiarity with frequency drives, control panels, relays, solenoids, sensors, limit switches circuit breakers up to 480 volt.
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills with the ability to read schematics, ladder logic and utilize technical manuals and monitor equipment on-line.
- Industrial 3-phase experience.
- Troubleshoot and repair production/packaging equipment.
- Strong working knowledge with varied mechanical equipment as well as pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Knowledge and ability to use shop equipment (mill, drill press, lathe, stick welding).
- Post-secondary degree/technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook).
If you are qualified and interested, please email a copy of your resume to Kevin at [email protected]