Direct Hire Position
Pay is dependent on Experience
BlackRock Resources has a client in the Philadelphia area that is looking for a Materials Manager. This person will report to the Plant Manager. This position has a key role in the Supply Chain function and is responsible for overseeing the planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution of materials and products in accordance with the manufacturing of finished goods and normal office supplies.
Working at the direction of the Corporate Planning Manager, this role will provide onsite leadership to ensure the logistics, warehousing and procurement operations are meeting safety, quality delivery, cost, and housekeeping objectives to support the strategic growth initiatives at the plant.
- Overall responsibility for supply, accuracy, and maintenance of raw and packaging inventories as related to manufacturing finished goods and customary office supplies.
- Work directly with leadership & peers to ensure supply chain readiness on key initiatives.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve supply chain challenges to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Collaborate closely with product suppliers to build strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Monitor strategic ordering cycles based on forecasts that meet business needs, providing cost savings, adheres to lead times, and achieve inventory goals.
- Procures materials and supplies for planned/forecasted operations and conducts audits and cycle counts in accordance with company policies.
- Manage indirect & direct spend weekly, monthly, and annually to align with organizational targets.
- Schedule delivery of materials and supplies to support business plan, identifies opportunities to reduce inbound transportation costs and charges. Note: Outbound transportation costs and charges are at the direction of the Corporate Logistics Manager.
- Support the development of current materials and/or inventory staff and partner with the business and human resources on future succession plans. Identifies training needs and works with appropriate departments to ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Support internal or external audit requirements relative to the planning, procurement, or inventory control functions.
- Develop thorough working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, while ensuring a high degree of ERP data accuracy.
- Ensure compliance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), safety and all other published policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Logistics, Operations Engineering, Supply Chain Management, etc. or Years of experience can be accepted in lie of degree.
- 5+ years' experience in production planning, logistics, materials, bakery, or food manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience and working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (Sage X3) preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the consumer goods industry, in particular food ingredients.
- Exceptional analytical skills and critical thinking. Must think strategically yet operate collaboratively across functions and departments to gather data and develop fact-based analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
If you are qualified and interested please send your resume to Kristie at [email protected]