BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for our client in the Robinson PA area. This position provides the opportunity to design the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide variety of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, real estate, solid waste, power, and public sector.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline is required
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical/piping engineering with relevant experience on industrial or manufacturing type projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI, ASME, IBC, ISO, NFPA)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of mechanical design software
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- P.E. Registration or E.I.T. with multiple years’ work under the supervision of a P.E.
- Performed hydraulic calculations for pipe and pump sizing
- Proficiency in HVAC design
- REVIT, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam experience a plus
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and designers
- Possess an understanding of mechanical codes and standards
- Work under the supervision of a senior engineer to:
- Perform HVAC, mechanical, fire protection and piping systems concept development
- Generate mechanical design calculations including HVAC equipment sizing and pipe sizing calculations.
- Create P&IDs and Block Flow Diagrams
- Formulate design criteria to be used in the development of project design specifications and drawings
- Generate specifications for systems and equipment
- Provide quality oversight for mechanical designs performed by others
- Be the main point of contact for the mechanical discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the customer
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers and designers
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines
- Generate mechanical engineering hour estimates to complete ongoing work and for new proposals