BlackRock Resources is seeking Mechanical Engineer candidates for a project based outside of Kingman, AZ. The contract will be six months with possible extension.
- Prepare technical specifications, equipment lists, material lists, drawing lists and files.
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates for conventional engineering, studies and development assignments.
- Contribute to the delivery of multi-discipline engineering design by liaising with other engineering disciplines to coordinate technical information.
- Prepare physical layouts of plant and equipment , diagrams, schematics and balances.
- Review and advise on technical documents submitted by vendors.
- Deliver mechanical engineering design according to required project time frames and standards while adhering to design specifications.
- Perform hydraulic, piping, tanks sizing calculations, and material selections.
- Guide designers in preparing layouts.
- Assist the drafting division in the production of project design drawings by providing technical assistance and reviewing and approving drawings in a timely manner.
- Assist with technical queries raised during the construction phase.
- Assist in the commissioning of systems on site as required.
FIELD ENGINEERING DUTIES
- Provides input into all SHE matters, actively participates, and promotes a total safety culture.
- Ensures that relevant project procedures are complied with.
- Ensures that fabrication, manufacturing, and construction drawings are issued according to the project program.
- Manages the time schedule, cost, quality, risk and scope of assigned procurement packages.
- Ensures assigned packages are installed / constructed in accordance with the project & vendor specifications.
- Manages, inspects and releases the relevant items of procurement, fabrication and construction within area of discipline and responsibility.
- Maintains and upholds company safety culture.
- Assists with the commissioning of the assigned packages in accordance with the project & vendor specifications.
- Ensures that reports are structured, accurate, complete and well presented.
- Displays proactive communication with project team with respect to discipline interface and problem solving.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience.
- Experience in processing copper desired.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Arizona.
- MSHA Part 48 Certified.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment Background Check and Substance Screen.
- Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as required by the job site.