BlackRock Resources is seeking a Mechanical/ Piping Engineer (NSPE Level IV) in a Direct Hire role based in North Pittsburgh, PA.
Perform Mechanical/Piping system design work either under direction of the Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer.
- Mid-level position for a degreed engineer working under the direction of a senior engineer.
- Perform assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a project team.
- Develop and maintain a good work ethic, i.e. cooperative, hard working, focused and aware of his responsibilities and limitations.
- Work well with other disciplines and experience levels.
- Skilled with Internet searches, excel spreadsheets, and data mining.
- Performance of calculations for hydronic pressure drop and pump sizing, heat and mass balances, piping, valve and insulation selection, and equipment sizing.
- Develop familiarity with ASME piping and pressure vessel codes, ASTM and other industry standards.
- Willingness to take direction and try any assigned task.
- Ability to speak and write in the English language is essential.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports requiring minimal review.
- Able to support and direct designers.
- Performs lead engineer functions. (Optional PE exam after 5 years in responsible charge of Engineering.)
Required Experience and Education:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Major in Mechanical Engineering or sufficient experience in process pipe calculations, design, and layout.
Other Duties (Experience Preferred)
- Experience performing HVAC heating and cooling load calculations.
- Experience performing HVAC Equipment Sizing and Design.
- Experience using Caesar II pipe stress program.
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- EIT Certification.
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence
- Valid passport or the ability to get one.
- Valid major credit card for travel expenses (reimbursed monthly based on expense account submittal)
Send a PDF or Word resume to Beth at [email protected]