Blackrock Resources has an immediate need for Mid and Sr Level Piping Designers for our Industrial Engineering client located just north of downtown Pittsburgh. Local candidates only please. These will be contract to hire roles and Blackrock Resources will provide holidays, PTO and partially paid health benefits while on a six month contractual period.
• Minimum 10 years of piping design experience
• AutoCAD 2D proficient, 3D beneficial
• Ability to read and understand P & ID’s
• Experienced with U/G piping
• Process and utility piping experience in an industrial environment
• Experienced in piping design for steel mill piping including melt shops and continuous casters
• Familiar with FRP piping design and supporting
• Familiar with isometric drawings and bills of material
• Able to conduct field investigations to verify pipe routing
• Initiates engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the project requirements with little or no supervision.
• Prepares complete piping designs including, plans, sections, details, bills of material.
• Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines that affect the piping design.
• Conducts field investigation to obtain information to route and support piping.
• Checks piping drawings prepared by others in the group