BLACKROCK RESOURCES is looking for a Mine Engineer for a Role with our client in Norman, OK.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Using engineering tools, able to develop quantitative reserve analysis and long-term operating mine plans.
· Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations with regards to current mine performance and opportunities for improvement.
· Works closely with the Operations Management team to assist in performance improvements in mine /plant operations and mine planning.
· Responsible for implementing and managing a professional mine planning process across all sites to optimize production performance.
· Provides support for Capital project analysis, both in the planning stages and post project reviews.
· Works closely with the Sales & marketing Team to ensure mine production will meet sales forecasts.
· Validates and reviews tracking of actual expenses (month and quarter data)
· Works with special projects tasked by Management
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Acts as a business resource to other corporate functions regarding these initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work well under pressure and to work within short deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Highly organized, disciplined, motivated and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing projects and to communicate project status, issues and requirements efficiently.
- Ability to draw meaningful implications from financial data and clearly communicate related information to superiors and colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and integrate trends and patterns to determine the root causes of problems and identify solutions. Evaluates short- and long-term implications of decisions.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong desire to succeed.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining or Engineering or equivalent required
- Experience with geological and mine planning software, like Geovia Surpac
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP system preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Significant hours on the computer analyzing and manipulating data.
- Will spend significant time out in the field in mine sites. Will be exposed to heat, cold, noise and environmental conditions associated with mines, quarries and pits.
- Frequent physical demands of the position are talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Ability to occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs. and perform other necessary physical requirements in performance of regular job duties.
For consideration on this positions send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org