BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for our engineering client in Pittsburgh. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity with a leading firm!
The PA-OH-WV Industrial Lead is responsible for coordination, oversight and driving business activities of our clients in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia industrial programs and initiatives. The role is a seller/doer who will both secure consulting work from clients as well as lead technical staff for the successful delivery of projects. The area Lead will oversee marketing and pursuit activities for permitting, planning and design programs; work with local operations management in the areas of strategic planning, development of annual and long term goals, program leadership, client development, community and industry participation, project pursuits, staffing and marketing training; and to develop, market, pursue and support the delivery of projects involving permitting, planning and/or design with emphasis on one or more of the following industries:
- Food & Beverage
- Manufacturing facilities
- Primary Metals / Steel
- Material Handling Facilities
- Pulp & Paper
- Logistics / warehousing
- Material recycling
- Aggregates / cement
- B.S. in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Environmental Science or other relevant field.
- 7+ years of project management and client development experience within the industrial market.
- Must include significant experience with permitting, planning and/or design of Industrial Facilities.
- Existing network of clients in PA-OH-WV required.
- An active network within the Northeast preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Technical expertise with Industrial water / wastewater, remediation, and / or instruments and controls, preferred.
- Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for working with the Industrial Sector Director, Industrial Facilities Practice Lead and local leadership to drive the growth of the business through new client establishment and expanded scope of service offering to existing clients.
- Serve as Project Manager and technical leader, as appropriate, on Industrial Projects within the area.
- Develop strategies, capture plans and initiate/build relationships with key clients including contractors and vendors.
- Serve as client manager for select key clients.
- Identifies the leading clients and services needed within the Industrial Sector.
- Tracks market changes through client / industry involvement.
- Tracks upcoming contracts / projects.
- Works closely with the pursuit leadership to develop winning strategies.
- Responsible for supporting and driving the relevant metrics (Revenue, Costs and Profit) within the area Industrial Sector.
- Participate in our clients Annual Strategy / Planning activities – and leads the efforts to develop strategies for the Industrial Sector.
- Recruit and retain the necessary talent to ensure that our client is an Industry Leader within the Industrial Sector.
- Representing our clients at industry events and conferences.
- Traditionally, 30-50% travel is the expectation of this role.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying, please send resume to Heather at [email protected]