BlackRock Resources is seeking a Process Engineer IV based in North Pittsburgh, PA in a direct hire role.
Provide design, calculations, and other activities related to process engineering. Review the work of junior to mid-level degreed engineers. Work under the direction of the Department Manager.
Please send a Word or PDF format resume to Beth at [email protected]
- Perform assignments to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a multi-discipline project team.
- Preparation and/or review of Process Flow Diagrams, equipment specifications, data sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Perform/review calculations including; material and energy balances, tank and vessel sizing, drain and vent sizing, heat loss, pipe pressure loss, pump and compressor sizing.
- Provide process technical support for PHA and HAZOPs
- Prepare thermodynamic process models and run simulations under guidance of Engineer V- VII or Department Manager.
- Prepare/review specifications and technical reports requiring review and oversight of Engineer IV or Department Manager.
- Review and edit drawings prepared by designers, Co-Ops, Interns, and Engineers I - III.
- Manager discipline-specific project, adhering to established budgets and schedules.
- Train Engineers I – III
- Continue Professional Development
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- EIT or P.E. Certification Preferred
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in the engineering field. Engineer could have more experience but this does not guarantee promotion to higher level. Engineering capabilities will dictate engineering level category.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient with ChemCAD, Aspen or Promax
- Some exposure to renewable energy industries, biogas processing, anaerobic digestion is beneficial but not essential.