Process Engineer - S. Charleston, WV
1+ year assignment; extension possible
Local area candidates preferred. No relocation offered.
In-office position M-F
Job Purpose: The Process Engineer is responsible for optimizing current processes, executing process deliverables in support of capital projects, and maintaining process documentation. The Process Engineer works with the plant operations, technical support, and maintenance groups to identify opportunities, quantify costs/benefits, and implement capital projects in support of process improvements and enhancements to process safety and operability.
Education / Certification / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a process engineer. Experience working in a plant environment a plus.
- High-level knowledge of process engineering software systems (hydraulics, heat transfer, process simulation); ability to assess quality of software output based on basic engineering principles and real-world experience
- Manage multiple process engineering assignments within the associated project schedules, from start to finish with sound project management methodologies.
- Coordinate activities of external engineering resources as required to produce process deliverables in support of project schedules.
- Work with senior process engineer to review and evaluate process engineering deliverables from external resources.
- Provide calculations and basic engineering designs in support of capital projects.
- Collaborate with Operations and Technology groups to identify opportunities for improvements in the existing processes, evaluate options, and implement solutions.
- Develop new projects/processes from basic engineering/laboratory work conducted by R&D group
- Recommend and implement methods for improving process efficiencies, reducing costs, and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as optimizing separation processes, minimizing utility usages, and implementing new technology.
- Review and approve Engineering standards and specification
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments, utilizing available resources as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop deep, collaborative working relationships across functions
- Proven ability to identify, assess, and solve problems
- Ability to collect and integrate information from many different sources in support of sound technical evaluations