BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for our client in Houston, TX. Preferred candidates should have extensive experience with project controls within the oil and gas industry.???????
- Responsible for overseeing and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics, which support the effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
- Reviews reports, analyses data and proposes recommendations in support of cost management governance.
- Provides input related to improvements and process developments.
- Works independently and demonstrates independent judgment in relation to accountabilities, including compilation and analysis of data.
- Develops risk mitigation and ongoing improvements and developments in projects.
- Identifies opportunities for cost improvements and internal benchmarking within and outside of areas of accountability.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to junior colleagues.
- Represents the department as a key contact, interacting with Project Managers, senior internal and client personnel on significant and complex project governance and controls matters.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years experience in project controls
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred