BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for an exciting opportunity with our oil and gas client in Bridgeport, WV. They are adding a Project Engineer to lead the development and execution of various size capital projects to grow and maintain natural gas transmission and storage facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical or civil.
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant engineering design and construction experience in the natural gas or similar industry.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience executing large capital projects (and accountable for cost, schedule, safety, compliance). Ability to manage risks and address technical and commercial issues. Extensive construction and field experience.
- Good team-building skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Possess a valid US Professional Engineer license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner while ensuring compliance with codes, laws, and company policies.
- Develop conceptual plans, preliminary schedules, accurate cost estimates, and agreements for proposed new facilities or modifications of existing facilities.
- Provide leadership and accountability inclusive of project management, engineering, and construction support for capital projects (such as installation or replacement of pipelines, compressor stations, or measurement & regulation stations) from conceptual stage through successful start-up of facilities, with oversight of outside consultants or contractors.
- Accountable and responsible for meeting budget and schedule requirements for each assigned project.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop plans, schedules, accurate cost estimates, and contracts/agreements for the engineering, procurement and construction of proposed new facilities or modifications of existing facilities.
- Lead the timely and quality completion of engineering and equipment procurement.
- Prepare requisitions for design services, materials & equipment, and construction services; evaluate proposals/bids.
- Administer/manage service agreements, design contracts, and construction contracts.
- Have experience working within FERC guidelines.
- Coordinate with internal groups to obtain land, permits and environmental clearances required for capital projects.
- Represent the company and project in public forums.
- Ensure accuracy of as-built information for assigned projects.
- Project Engineer incumbents are expected to provide technical expertise and/or team leadership, apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to projects and will serve as a technical expert on engineering related legal and regulatory issues to outside entities