We are currently hiring a Project Manager for our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Robinson Twp).
Our Project Manager role provides you the opportunity to lead the design effort of the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide variety of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, real estate, solid waste, power, and public sector. We are seeking self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion to apply professional experience and knowledge in a team environment. Candidates must have a demonstrated understanding and application of the knowledge and skill required of a project manager and a demonstrated understanding and application of the business development and project delivery processes. Candidates should be familiar with most of the technologies and delivery methods with respect to delivering industrial manufacturing projects. Candidates for this position will be expected to provide motivation and direction to the project teams.
- B.S. degree
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple mid-sized projects of average complexity
- Ability to organize work and delegate tasks to the design team while managing scope, schedule, and budget
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling software
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 20%)
- 5+ years’ experience leading heavy industrial / metals manufacturing projects
- Engineering or business degree
- PMP certification desirable
- Knowledge of construction means and methods
- Working knowledge of Navisworks
- Act as the projects’ prime contact with the client and take responsibility for overall work progress and technical performance on the project.
- Work with project delivery leadership to provide oversight and mentoring.
- Support the development of project leads from each discipline through active coaching and mentoring.
- Lead and manage the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Prepare and manage engineering schedules based on client requirements to keep the project team on track.
- Implement change management requirements as required during project execution.
- Ensure completion of the scope of work to meet contractual obligations and the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that the organization’s quality, financial, risk management, business, and policy expectations are met.
- Play a role in the business development activities leading to the award of the contract. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, oral presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes.