BlackRock Resources is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage a design-build civil construction project (a large Federal infrastructure program) in south Texas. The ideal candidate will have experience managing design-build civil infrastructure projects of $20 million and above. The Project Manager is fully responsible for managing the project delivery, work plans, budget and implementation of all Project Management Procedures. These responsibilities will span from project start-up, design phase services, construction, and final close out.
· Serve as Project Manager for border wall design-build program (large Federal infrastructure program) reporting to the Project Executive.
· Interface with the USACE and other government office and key stakeholders, responsible for ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
· Manage appropriate staffing for all projects. Manage direct reports including Superintendent, QC Manager, Safety Manager, Scheduler and Project Accountant.
· Responsible for project execution including design, construction, scheduling, safety, quality control, security, environmental and finance.
· Conduct buy out, material purchase, subcontract contracting, and hiring processes and meet government directives for small business, set-aside, buy America and other contract goals.
· Manage all aspects of design build project to include designer, material suppliers, subcontractors, and internal construction teams.
· Ensure complex set of contract requirements are met by project team.
· Serve as project construction expert and spokesperson for the program with project stakeholders to explain and defend, negotiate, and resolve project and program issues.
· Responsible for overall job safety as per the safety manual for the particular job, ensuring that jobsite meets all OSHA and USACE standards including cleanliness.
· Perform daily quantity review and report all extra work or non-contract work to your Program Manager/Project Executive.
· Perform routine purchasing and subcontracting duties including purchase orders, check requests, invoices, subcontracts, insurance, payroll, equipment, and cost reporting.
· Actively participate in monthly review of estimates and pending submissions for payment.
· Control all material deliveries, production schedule, and long lead-time items. Coordinate all utility relocations and manage sub-contractors
· Efficiently maintain all records and files in field office. Develop and implement a project schedule that meets the goals of the owner and ensure project activities are thoroughly and properly planned.
· Supervise and ensure that all tasks are carried out by Project Team.