BlackRock Resources is seeking an experienced Project Manager with knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex construction projects related to railroad and station buildings with a revenue range of $10 - $50 million with project durations up to 2 years.
* POSITION IS LOCATED IN WILMINGTON, DELAWARE
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Manage a staff of up to 10 full-time employees including hiring, firing, and completing performance reviews.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts on civil/structural projects related to railroad facilities to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, and Area Manager to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with Area Manager, Operations Manager and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Manage specialist subcontractors related to exterior work (e.g. platform upgrades) and interior work (e.g. local General Contractors, or specialist trades such as HVAC electrical carpentry).
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
- Minimum of ten (10) year’s progressive project experience delivering civil and structural scopes of work. Rail related projects preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.
- Experience as a Large Projects Superintendent preferred.
- Experience in Design-build projects or high-profile , complex preferred.