Project Manager (Intermediate)
BlackRock Resources LLC - Houston, TX
Seeking a team-oriented Project Manager within oil/gas/pipeline industry.
To be considered, candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 5-10 years managing multiple small projects ranging from $1MM-$10MM size projects.
Must be able to travel as needed in the field. Long-term opportunity.
Position home base in downtown Houston, TX.
No relocation; local area talent needed.
W2 position offers medical benefits, PTO accrual, paid holidays, 401k match option and more.
• Manage and report changes in customer expectations, scope, company risk, schedule, and/or project budgets;
• Lead the development of robust, risk managed inputs to the economic evaluation of the project, including: capital cost estimate, including appropriate
allowances (risk, contingency and escalation);
• Manage project activities including budget, schedule and reporting functions in accordance with TransCanada's Project Delivery Standard;
• Maintain a high level of focus on health, safety and environment. Ensure safety within all project work;
• Ensure comprehensive safety standards are in place and being enforced;
• Ensure close and effective coordination with all internal stakeholder groups, including business development, system design, environment, regulatory,
operations and engineering, legal and risk management;
• Ensure development of appropriate Project Execution Plan including strategies for both the development and implementation phases of the project;
• Collaborate with the project team and functional groups to develop and implement an engineering and procurement strategy for facility and pipeline projects;
• Provide input to supply chain activities for material procurement including qualification of suppliers, selection of equipment and award in support of
construction program and project schedule;
• Provide input to and support regulatory application and permits specific to facilities and pipeline portfolio;
• Work with project construction team, develop construction execution plan and associated strategies including strategy for pre-fabrication in support of
• Ensure Contractor performance is monitored and measured against contract terms and conditions;
• Ensure Supplier and Contractor performance issues are documented and mitigated;
• Partner with the Quality Team and other functional groups to ensure root cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented;
• Review invoices from the contractors and recommends approval;
• Review contractor staffing plans to ensure the efficient use of personnel;
• Manage costs and manpower to achieve stated financial objectives;
• Review, evaluate and approve all scope changes prior to implementation;
• Collaborate with Engineering, the Construction Management Team and Operations to ensure a smooth transition through commissioning, start-up and
• Ensure commitments made during the respective hearing processes are being satisfied;
• Review and analyzes proposal documents, codes, regulations, and laws to ensure conformance to project deliverables and requirements;
• Ensure the project is being constructed in compliance with required engineering documents, design standards and specifications; and all applicable permit
and environmental requirements;
• Ensure risks are being tracked and evaluated throughout the project life-cycle;
• Ensure completion of project deliverables on time, on budget and within scope;
• Contribute to project economic assessments including the analysis of cost variables inherent within capital cost estimate build-ups and operating budgets;
• Apply standardized project management tools, processes, and templates to develop project implementation plans, schedules, stage gates, risk registries and
various other project documents;
• Prepare formal reports and presentations for clients and management;
• Ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and documented as lessons learned throughout the project life-cycle;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company's project management tools and processes;
• Other tasks as required.