Reporting to the Manager, In-Line Inspection Projects, the Project Support Analyst (PSA) is responsible for general project administration, document preparation and control, project specific application administration, status reporting and other pertinent responsibilities as directed by the Project Manager. The Project Support Analyst will partner with the project team and functional groups to ensure the flow of documents and records are managed and controlled in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
We anticipate filling this position locally, therefore it is not eligible for cross-border or domestic relocation programs.
- Provide project level administrative support (i.e. meeting organization, distribution of information, meeting minutes, etc.); act as point of contact for field staff as directed by management;
- Participate in bid activities; partner with Corporate Services (i.e. supply chain) and project team to prepare bid documents;
- Assemble project kickoff packets i.e. – Inspector Information Packets, Tree Clearing, Safety, etc.;
- Collect external labor hours and mileage driven (i.e. 3rd party Inspectors, Prime Contractors, Environmental, etc.);
- Ensure construction submittals and transmittals are managed and controlled;
- Provide monthly man-hours data to management;
- Collect third party inspection documents, timesheets, training, and certifications;
- Partner with Project Coordinator and field personnel to ensure construction documents and records are legible and retrievable;
- Assist Project team with compiling data to complete FERC compliance reports (i.e. FERC BAA, 2.55);
- Partner with Project Controller to conduct accounting transfers to ensure proper cost placement;
- Assist Project Controls with maintaining work orders through SAP/PowerPlant;
- Input service-related Purchase Requisitions into SAP;
- Process material and contractor invoices;
- Partner with Field Material Coordinator to ensure materials tracking is performed;
- Request and maintain Project SharePoint sites to upload and distribute documents;
- Ensure documents are uploaded to SharePoint and/or additional repositories as required;
- Collect and upload project gate deliverables; assist in on-going preparedness for gate and/or assurance reviews and stage-gate checklist;
- Partner with Records Retention Support Team to coordinate off-site storage of project records;
- Maintain record retention methodology throughout project life-cycle including retention repositories ;
- Support Project Turnover Memorandum process;
- Collect and maintain Lessons Learned data throughout the project life-cycle;
- Identify and document deviations from established requirements as non-conformances and communicate to project team;
- Identify opportunities for improvements and document as lessons learned;
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the company’s Project Management tools and processes;
- Maintain a high level of focus on Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE);
- Update Master Plan and ILI Tracker;
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Leadership skills; exhibits the behaviors valued in the organization; works to develop these skills in others;
- Demonstrated knowledge and Project Management skills (analytical and organizational); works to develop these skills in others;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to quickly assess and make sound decisions; helps other team members to develop these skills;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (Specific Software: Excel; PowerPoint, Word);
- Communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to gather and analyze data to make informed decisions; ability to accurately obtain, interpret, and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions; works with others to develop their ability to analyze schedule data and communicate that analysis to others;
- Able to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities;
- Core competencies needed: Adaptability; Building trust; Decision making; Building partnerships; Facilitating Change; Demonstrated sense of urgency and execution;
- Ability to work independently and supervise others;
- Ability to resolve problems and make effective business decisions, driving value added results;
- Knowledge of FERC process strongly preferred;
- Ability to work well with all levels of the company and contract personnel to facilitate the accomplishment of objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Secondary education in administration from a recognized institution and experience preferred;
- Natural gas industry/construction experience preferred; understands construction project life cycle; assists others in their understanding of these concerns;
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, construction and maintenance practices and procedures preferred.
This position requires candidates to:
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.