BlackRock Resources is searching for a TALENTED QUALITY MANAGER for a client located in Lake Mary, FL area.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- 3+ years previous experience with Quality Assurance in a food environment required
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance (FDA, FSMA)
- SQF certification experience, HACCP Certification, PCQI certification, a plus
Position Responsibilities / Objectives:
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Take a proactive approach in the development and continuous improvement of plant quality performance.
- Participate in selection of best practice processes for food safety and quality systems.
- Provide and make changes to quality procedures/systems as necessary.
- Manage the QA laboratory techs.
- Manage and maintain the auditing of all quality parameters within the facility including incoming supplier specifications, production, warehousing, shipping, etc.
- Conduct mock recalls and traceability at least 2x/year.
- Conduct HACCP audits and participate on the HACCP team. Conduct HACCP meetings.
- Monitor all plant paperwork for compliance, as needed and applicable.
- Conduct product audits (cuttings).
- Conduct internal monthly GMP & Safety audits of the entire plant.
- Handle and follow-up with customer complaints. Track trends.
- Manage effective communication among all internal departments, teams, and external resources.
- Manage the HOLD/RELEASE program.
- Point of contact for all 3rd party, regulatory and customer audits.
If you are qualified and interested, please email an updated copy of your resume to Glessi at [email protected]