Direct Hire Position
Pay up to 65k a year
BlackRock Resources has a client in the Detroit area that is looking for a Safety Specialist for 3 of their manufacturing facilities. This will be for Regional travel between the locations. The right candidate will have a related BS degree or related experience and training in safety.
- BA or 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite/ Proficient in Excel
- 1-3 years of overall safety professional experience
- Experience with development, management of safety systems across multiple locations
- Knowledge of federal/state/ local safety regulations
- Must be able to travel 50%
- Driving EHS and lean improvements across assigned workshops
- Transform an improving safety program to a work class safety program
- Champion overall safety responsibilities for the assigned region
- Manage incident investigations/workers compensation claims, evaluate for trends and collaborate with process owners, engineers and/or physicians to institute tangible corrective actions Interpret environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous conditions
- Promote safety as continuous improvement program and ensure employees are constantly committed to this process.
- Maintain a strong shop floor presence, engage employees, promote improvement opportunities and forge relationships with employees at all levels
- Conduct EHS compliance audits for regional workshops to verify continuing compliance with corporate and regulatory compliance.
If you are qualified and interested please send your resume to Kristie at [email protected]