BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for a Sales and Proposal Engineer opportunity with our client in Pittsburgh.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Strong aptitude in thermodynamics and interest in heat transfer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work both independently and within a group.
- Understanding of MS Office and AutoCAD and Creo software is required.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is a plus.
- Business travel to customers’ sites and vendor workshops will be required.
Job duties and requirements:
- Works as a point of contact with the customer in the proposal / quoting / technical sales phase of the project to ensure that technical and commercial aspects are addressed and a clear scope of supply and solution are offered.
- Discusses project scope with the project team including project management, engineering, and sourcing to ensure a complete understanding of the scope of work.
- Logs and tracks progress on customer requests for quotations.
- Develops the project scope of work. Compiles quotes from sub-suppliers. Prepares cost calculations and transfers this into a final quotation format as presented to the customer.
- Develop a familiarity with furnace equipment so as to respond to customer questions and assure proper fit of the equipment to the project requirements. Perform engineering calculations to size equipment such as reheat furnaces, annealing furnaces, burners, fans, heat exchangers, and convective coolers.
- Generate AutoCAD drawings as needed to illustrate the proposed equipment for the customer or to allow accurate cost estimating.
- Reviews quotations with proper approval channel to ensure that quoted scope can be integrated into final customer scope as requested. Responsible that valid supplier quotations and contacts are on hand prior to submitting the quotation to the customer.
If you meet the listed qualifications and are Interested in this position, please send a resume to Heather at [email protected]