Site Health, Safety & Environment Manager (HSE) - Kingman, AZ
Six (6) month possibly longer project. Per diem applicable if not local.
Must be available to start November 2021.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• High school Diploma or equivalent, preferred bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or related field
• Strong risk identification, risk management, and incident investigation skills
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience and a demonstrated ability to successfully plan, develop, execute, and administer a site HSE plan and behavioral management tools in an industrial construction setting
• Implementation of ISO45001 aligned policies and procedures
• Work closely with multiple contractors and subcontractors
• Lead efforts surrounding site emergency action planning and response • Working knowledge of Occupational Industrial Hygiene, Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Environmental laws and regulations
• Ability to work well in teams, adaptable, calm under pressure
• Motivated and self-directed
• MS Office savvy
• Must be able to pass pre-employment Background Check and Substance Screen.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before entering job site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement the HSE Management System at the project level; implement processes aligned with ISO45001 • Implement and maintain the Project HSE Plan
• Drive and promote actively caring and behavior management efforts
• Ensure Customer Site HSE Performance Expectations are met
• Conduct Safety Meetings and Trainings
• Conduct Employee Safety Orientations
• Provide guidance to Supervisors for HSE matters of their personnel and work
• Conduct regular walk-through inspections of construction areas
• Identify hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions; ensure corrective action is taken
• Investigate and report on HSE incidents accidents; including action items to close out investigation
• Prepare and maintain HSE documentation as required, Customer, and applicable regulations
• Issue various work permits (i.e., to confined space) as required • Serve as the primary contact for all Regulatory inspections or visits
• Ensure medical preparedness, assistance and supplies are readily available
• Work closely with customer, contractor, and subcontractor HSE personnel
• Perform additional duties as assigned by VP Health & Safety