The Senior Account Manager (Group Benefits) role provides day-to-day customer service and account management for the employee benefit clients, markets/sets up existing and/or new accounts, and provides general coordination of renewal information to producers.
• Handle all lines of coverage primarily in the 50-99 and 100-300 market segments.
• Work with and through others, building and maintaining relationships with client companies.
• Exceed customer expectations while fielding and resolving client inquiries and issues.
• Market accounts from start to finish including preparation of submissions, follow-up, obtaining information, creating spreadsheets and working closely with the producer to retain clients and gain new business.
• Keep up with industry/carrier trends including new product information with many carriers.
• Set up and maintain customer accounts in the client management system.
• Monitor client renewal dates.
• Solid strategic, analytical, planning, presentation and communication skills.
• Organized with proven time management and administrative skills.
• High initiative, personal drive and motivation to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• A minimum of five years of experience in the health and group benefits profession, consulting and/or related field.
• Current PA Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
• Self-funding, level-funding and reinsurance knowledge experience
• Human Resources background preferred (CEBS, SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
• NAHU Health Care Reform Certification or equivalent (Preferred)
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Pass pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening
• Reliable transportation