The Capital Project Expeditor is responsible for assisting and working with the Supply Chain Capital Project Buyers in support of Project Managers in the US Project Management teams with acquisition of materials and engineered equipment for pipelines and associated facilities. The Capital Project Expeditor ensures that the delivery of equipment and material is in accordance with the Purchase Order requirements and assures supplier is fulfilling the agreed upon terms and conditions of the purchase order (PO) and reacts accordingly when there is a deviation. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Capital/Project Expediting, Supply Chain functions and systems, interpersonal and negotiating skills, proficiency in MS Office Applications, SAP and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assures supplier is fulfilling the agreed upon terms and conditions of the purchase order, and reacts accordingly when there is a deviation;
• Coordinate with all relevant parties to define critical requirements for meeting project schedules;
• Expedite orders to ensure timely deliveries of components and materials to meet project schedules;
• Reviews the PO files in a regular, timely manner. Reviews every file at least once every two weeks; more often for short delivery times or critical pieces of equipment or material;
• Obtain weekly updates from Vendor(s) on the status of critical items;
• Document communications with Vendor(s) via e-mail or prepare detailed minutes of meeting(s) with vendors;
• In collaboration with Material Coordinator monitor material receipts from project locations and document according to the defined process;
• In collaboration with Material Coordinator manage/route vendor drawings, approval drawings, MTRs, third party inspection reports, calibration reports and other documentation as required;
• Communicates all critical information’s or related changes in status from the supplier to the Capital Buyer and Project Team as soon as they become known and vice versa;
• Maintains strong and continuous communication and develops relationships with Supply Chain, client teams, Supplier Management, Accounting functions and suppliers;
• Participates in and/or coordinates early planning meetings with suppliers for critical equipment to discuss expediting expectations after order placement;
• Proactively anticipates supplier and project needs;
• Involves and seeks support from Capital Buyers, Project Managers and Management to assist with supplier issues when needed;
• Conduct site visits to manufacturer/supplier locations as needed to check progress and confirm material status;
• Proactive planning and Notification to/with the Project Team and immediate escalation/communication in case of any deviation from project schedule;
• Concentration on early detection of potential quality or delivery problems and communication directly to the Capital Buyer and Project Team;
• Accurate and current data in the electronic tools to ensure that the Project Team can draw accurate information at any time;
• Timely processing and reporting of information, including delivery and price changes;
• Other tasks as required.
• At a minimum a college associate degree, technical training/certifications, combination or equivalent is required;
• Five (5) years’ experience specifically as a Capital/Project Expeditor for the oil and gas industry;
• An equivalent combination of both experience and education will be considered.