This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in machine and mechanism design.
Primary skill set desired:
- Experience in machine, mechanism, and tooling design, using Solidworks 2014 or higher.
- Experience setting up and configuring PDM works for a multi-seat networked environment; PDM works administrator experience is preferred.
- Experience in machine design involving moving mechanisms
Additional desired skills:
- Knowledge, experience or familiarities in custom machine building, packaging, plastic molding, or inspection instrument industries.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal &written)
- Motivated, self-starter with a sense of ownership of his or her own work.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices and design for manufacturing techniques.
- Proficient in geometric tolerance and tolerance stack-up analysis
- Experience in sheet metal and weldment design
- Experience in Solidworks Simulation
- Good working knowledge of Optical Systems
- FEA / CFD experience
Position responsibilities will include:
- Learning processes and procedures and apply them to daily work activities.
- Performs new product design
- Provides mechanical design support for legacy products
- Participates in critical design reviews
- Providing estimates for new applications (design modifications to existing equipment).
- Reviewing drawings for drafting accuracies and completeness for the team prior to signoffs.
- Using Solidworks PDM tools, to administer and maintain all department documentations, drawing templates, and toolbox mechanical hardware libraries.
- Mentors and provides strong technical leadership to less experienced engineers
- Provides information transfer through the ECN/ECO process
- Must be able to multi task