We are currently hiring a Senior Project Controller in the Houston, TX area.
Project Controls - Provides project management support services in the areas of project initiation, cost management, change management, progress measurement, reporting and project close out. Project Controls collaborates with project managers on the development and review of project plan, estimate, schedule, risk and contractual requirements. Develops and implements project controls and monitoring procedures to ensure the achievement of project schedule and cost objectives. Collects, analyzes and reports on project data and costs from various stakeholders (e.g., engineering, procurement, construction and accounting).
This specific role will be managing budget requests, program planning forecasts and providing program-level analysis and reporting supporting the Capital Growth Portfolio.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Requires a University degree with 5 to 10 years of related experience.
• Create project IDs and AFE requests for new projects.
• Administer new project creation and budget release process and follow through with stakeholders, including Executive Leadership personnel.
• Reviews and provides input into Estimate and maps to the control WBS
• Sets up control WBS and budgets in SAP
• Ensures project has appropriate AFE funding
• Monitors cost and committed to budget and forecast.
• Full understanding of Earned Value Management, rules of credit, and progress measurement
• Monitors cost progress and performance metrics to establish potential and pending trends
• Interfaces with project development, project management, and project controls leadership.
• Reviews monthly reporting packages and provides recommendations for improvement and projections based off performance
• Makes projects presentations to senior management as required
• Ensures all Administrative, Financial, and System close-out activities are completed
Supervision, Performance and Experience
• Reports to Growth Project Controls Manager
• Field experience considered as asset
• Experience with executing moderate- to high-risk capital projects of different asset type